Pedal Your Way Through Blue Ridge, Georgia
Embark on a new and exciting journey through the Blue Ridge Countryside aboard a custom-built, four-person electric Railbike! Sit back and explore as you leisurely pedal your motor-assisted railbike through the foothills of North Georgia. Leave the depot in historic downtown Blue Ridge and begin a 5.7 mile round-trip adventure as you meander alongside streams, vineyards, and the tall, swaying Georgia pines. Halfway through your trip, your friendly guide will pause the tour to allow you to snap some photos of the local flora and fauna. Recharged and refreshed, you’ll bike back to the historic Blue Ridge depot, taking along memories that will last forever. Come explore with us today!
Our railbikes operate March through December, allowing you to capture spring, summer and fall in beautiful Blue Ridge, Ga.
- Made In The USA
- Aluminum Frame
- Stainless Steel Axles
- Motor Operated (New Models)
- State-Of-The-Art Seats
- Hydraulic Braking System
- Custom Built Fenders
- Adjustable Seat Belts
- Polyurethane Wheels
- Oilless Chains
Duration: 90 minutes
*All Rides Are Weather Permitting*
What To Expect
What To Bring:
- Weather appropriate clothing & Camera
- Water or other refreshments, alcohol is not permitted
- Light Jacket or poncho
Ride Requirements & information:
- You MUST arrive 45 minutes before the scheduled tour to fill out paperwork and to have enough time to find parking. Please note that parking space is limited in our downtown area
- Pre-paid tickets will be available for pick-up in the rail bike office in the red caboose next to the Depot
- Liability waivers will be available on-site and are required before riding. Any rider under 18 must have a liability waiver signed by a parent or guardian
- The maximum weight is 250 pounds (per rider)
- No infants, children under 4 years old, individuals under 48 inches in height, or pets of any kind are permitted on this excursion
- No alcohol, smoking, or vaping is allowed
- Parties of 2 or more are not guaranteed to sit together
- At least 1 person must be 18 years of age in each railbike
- Storage is available behind the seats for small bags such as fanny packs. The rail bikes cannot accommodate carry-on items such as backpacks, large purses, totes, or ice chests
- Closed-toed shoes are required: Pedaling is part of the experience and riders should be prepared to do light exercise. Riders should be able to bike recumbently for 70–90 minutes at low exertion
- Trips go rain or shine
- You may cancel your reservation in full or in part and receive a refund less a $10.00 fee (plus tax) per ticket as late as 48 hours before departure
- Within 48 hours of departure, the reservation becomes nonrefundable. NO EXCEPTIONS
- Reservations may be rescheduled to another date within the same calendar year for a $5.00 fee (plus tax) per ticket
- Missed Trip Vouchers – If the proper communication has been made with a ticket agent and a missed trip pass (MTP) has been issued, please note they are redeemable until December 31st of the same calendar year and are only redeemable for the equivalent rides (NO UPGRADES)
*Riders can be turned away at the discretion of the Blue Ridge Scenic Railbikes to adhere to safety protocols.
2023 Train Experiences
March 3rd-May 29th
June 1st-Sept 17th
Sept 21st-Nov 6th
Nov 9th-Dec 31st
Holiday Special Rides
Nov 24th-Dec 24th
Locomotive Cab Rides
Are Service Dogs or Emotional Support Animals Allowed On The Train?
Blue Ridge Scenic Railway operates in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”) and permits Service Animals on Property. Under the ADA, a Service Animal is defined as a dog that has been individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities. The work or task the dog has been trained to provide must be directly related to the person’s disability.
Emotional support, comfort and companionship animals are Not Covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act and are not allowed on Property.
Requirements For ADA Compliant Service Animals on Property:
● The Service Animal must be harnessed or on a leash, house broken, and under the owner’s control at all times.
● The Service Animal must remain on the floor and is Not Allowed on any furniture at any time. The service animal cannot be held by the owner.
● If the Service Animal disrupts the journey for anyone else, we will have to consider alternative seating options for the service animal and its owner.
● You must inform our ticket office staff, prior to your scheduled train departure, that you have an ADA Compliant Service Animal.
For additional information and definitions of Service Animals please visit the ADA website: Click To View